(a) By the authority of and in agreement with the Federal Transport Authority (Land and Maritime) (UAE), PPA commenced enforcing PSC inspections on foreign flagged ships calling at the Petroleum Ports/Port Limits, in accordance with the Riyadh MOU.
(b) The ADNOC Ship Vetting Department’s qualified and authorized inspectors will conduct the PSC inspections to the highest professional level in accordance with the requirements of the Riyadh MOU to ensure that foreign flagged ships meet international safety, security and environmental operating standards.
(c) Selection of ships for inspection
The following vessels will be subject to PSC inspections:
- ships which have not been inspected by a member state under the Riyadh MOU during the preceding twelve (12) month period or at all;
- ships which have been permitted to leave the port of a State, the Authority of which is a signatory to the Riyadh MOU, on the condition that the noted deficiencies shall be rectified within a specified period;
- ships which have been reported by pilots or the PPA as having deficiencies which may prejudice safe navigation/Petroleum Port operations (including cargo operations);
- ships whose statutory certificates, issued in accordance with the relevant instruments and the classification certificates, have been issued by an organization which is not recognized by the Federal Transport Authority (Land and Maritime) (UAE);
- ships carrying dangerous, noxious or polluting or potentially dangerous, noxious or polluting goods, whether such goods fall within the meaning of the IMDG Code or the IBC Code or otherwise, which have failed to report all relevant information concerning the ship's particulars, the ship's movements and the dangerous or polluting goods to the competent authority of the Petroleum Port and coastal State;
- ships which are in a category for which expanded inspection has been decided;
- ships which have been suspended from Class for safety reasons in the course of the preceding six (6) months; and
- ships whose crew have filed a complaint which is reported to the flag state.